Saturday, November 01, 2008

CANDLE MONTH: for quite a number of years I have thought of November as candle month. True to form the day entered with a cloudy sky. I am grateful now that as the days are getting shorter and shorter the sun has once again triumphed

and is bringing us another glorious autumn day.

I was a little bit slow, as usual, but finished late last night, Halloween day, the little book I had been planning. A couple of days previous I got in a rush with the gluing - typical for me to get in rush - but I learned. I put the letters in a row instead of top of page, bottom of page. Oh well. Good lesson.

Halloween Book & black cat

Halloween Book HA

Halloween Book LL

Halloween Book OW

Halloween Book EEN

Please view the entire set here.

I had been hoping to use my yet unused zutter binder, BUT, it won't run away. I should say the pages are made with recycled cardboard from larger duotang folders which was painted. I did the pictures digitally using collage images which I cut out and applied with gel medium with another layer on top. After dry I sanded. I just used black ribbon to put the pages together.

Back to my long to-do list.

Angels be with you dear friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely, lovely book. i look forward to seeing more of your art.

las palabras mágicas said...

Hello! I'm sure you can create such beautiful books in this way, applying techniques that you have been using in your journal pages. Me too,I'm looking forward to see other similar projects. I'm sure that book binding in this way holds lots of possibilities to express your creativity. Have a happy Sunday.
Love
Elena


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors