Wednesday, October 22, 2008




Contemplation - cereal box art for Inspire Me Thursday:
One of the more recent prompts was to use a cereal box. I decided to investigate Carla Sonnheim's lead regarding what she has done. I chose to use some of Carla's techniques and some of my own. I have been enjoying using my own handcarved stamps and also Tsukineko inks so used both. I also love doing gel transfers so used one of my own photographs, extended and stretched it using the outline and then painting and again inking. I used some water soluble crayons as well.

contemplation

7 comments:

Carla Sonheim said...

Oh my, it's beautiful, Wendy!!!!

Anonymous said...

It has such a dreamy feel! You know, it really brings to mind your blog name "Windy Angels." I love your multi-layered use of techniques.

franswazz said...

I LOVE it!
Totally original! I share the thought above: it has a dream-like feel, awesome!

winnsangels said...

Thank you so much for all your compliments on this piece. It makes the creating even more fun.

namesconnie said...

Certainly doesn't look like a cereal box at all. Great job. Sincerely, Connie PS I liked your other art at this site, too. How nice you can do such nice artwork.

Anonymous said...

This looks really great Wendy It is beautiful

Dale Anne Potter said...

Oh my - this is FABULOUS!
I LOVE IT!!!
and here you want to learn from me (at the Art Retreat) - my goodness I could learn from YOU!!!
GREAT JOB!!!


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors