Sunday, March 19, 2006

Orange
When I was a child
With diabetes,
I grew to hate
The colour orange.

The sugar in my body
Needed testing.

Orange
Meant sugar,
Too much
Sugar.

And now -
I envision lines,
And lines,
And lines,
In the record book,
Lines of orange.

As a child with Diabetes
What
Went through my mind
About these lines of orange
In the Record Book?

They were always present.
I probably did not even recognize
Any interspersal of beautiful blue,
Or calming green.

Striving
For perfection?
Who
Me?
Striving to erase all those lines,
Of orange,
Which could never
Be erased.
Striving to erase the lines
Of imperfection
Which would be
Forever
Part of me.

Today -
I can truly appreciate
The colour orange.

Now I understand
It represents joy.
I work towards Joy.
I strive for it.
I strive
For more imperfection.
The striving
Is not easy.

Forever will live in me -
Those lines and lines
Of the colour orange.

2 comments:

winnsangels said...

Sending huge hugs Tammy.
W.

Suzie Q said...

You have such a wonderful way with words, Wendy. It's incredible how you convey so much emotion and feeling with just a few words. Beautiful...

Hugs,
Q xXx


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

Blog Archive


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors