Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Inadequate
How can I feel so often
this state of inadequacy?

By whose standards am I being judged?
And by whom am I being judged?

Are these standards
according to
Race,
Color,
Beliefs,
Strengths,
Weaknesses?

Are they based on the way I speak,
or act,
or dance,
or sing?


Maybe I have done too much,

too little,
or
just the right amount?

Maybe the judgment is about
the person to whom I speak,
or not.

Maybe I am too emotional,
or not enough.
Too critical
or not enough.

Maybe I work too hard,

or not enough.
Maybe I play too hard
or not enough.

How can this be
That so often
I feel so inadequate?


No comments:


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

Blog Archive


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors