Tuesday, September 05, 2006


Love everyone: "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love."
I made this piece on the weekend after I realized everything I'd forgotten to bring along. I used watercolours, acrylics, and clippings from magazines as well as card stock (purple) that I had along. It is based loosely on one of
Traci Bautista's http://www.treicdesigns.com/create.html pieces. I love her bright colours, and probably all the hearts.
But what do I do with this piece, any suggestions? Should I just use it for inspiration to do more collage? I'm thinking the print on purple should have been more bold, maybe on a lighter colour? Maybe I can cut parts out to use on another piece? Help! The size is 7 1/2 " x 10 1/2". Oh yes, I'm thinking the top is too busy but her face could have lots of print on it? Her face appears more yellow with the scan than the actual.

Wishing I had more time ~ if I could look at more people's work I could get more ideas BUT, then I don't have time for the practice. Patience please. lol

2 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Ooooooooh..Wendy, this is fantastic! You've really got the bug now! :) Brilliant!
I am exactly the same as you when it comes to deciding what to do with the pieces I make! No idea! ;) We are our own worst critics, huh? This is gorgeous, I love the colours you've used and everything about this piece - we surely do need some more love in the world!
Excellent work! :)

Sending some of that Love your way xXx

Terri Stegmiller said...

I think you should leave it as is too. I really like it. I think the busy top balances with the bottom.


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

Blog Archive


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors