Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One lone tree and moon in winter: my first journal quilt for the CPS Journal quilt group. I actually finished this late last night but was hoping to write a journal piece on paper before I posted it. I am running out of time and the deadline for the group, while "there are no police" is January 31. Though it is only 3 p.m. here, over in Australia it is quickly approaching a new day, a new month. And so I post.

I have had so much fun doing this quilt and have learned so much along the way. I will not show the back. I used a layer of actual quilt batting and the layers were not pinned very much before I started sewing. I will next time use something much thinner like a piece of flannel or something similar. The light blue and light purple fabric were both hand dyed. I recycled an old sheet for those pieces. They dyed nicely. The different textured pieces are dryer sheets painted with inexpensive metallic acrylics. Around the tree I zig-zagged over embroidery floss. Most of it was complete a number of days ago. I did more quilting lines, finished the edges (please do not look closely) and added the beads and sequins last night.

Watch for the further posting about one lone tree and moon in winter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness, Wendy, you have excelled yourself! It's beautiful! :)

Congratulations on persevering and getting this done, you'll have that other p word whipped into shape in no time! ;)

Wonderful work!

Big Hugs & Much Love,
Suze xXx

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is truly gorgeous. You have captured a stark, cold winter night under a full moon so well that i can almost feel it. I love all your blue stuff.

Fran S said...

I am speechless at how awesome this is. My goodness. i need to get better with my machine! I've never used anything but the straight stitch. I think I'll be doing some zigzag practice this week! :) xoxo, fran


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

Blog Archive


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors