Wednesday, October 25, 2006


IMPERFECTION, meet my SEWING MACHINE ~ NOT:
With my most recent collage I spoke of imperfection, how I'm trying to look more to imperfection. Welll ~ my thirty year old sewing machine did NOT like that I have not cleaned it for, ummm, probably a few years. I think I recently read that a sewing machine should be cleaned daily. DUH! No wonder I was having problems. I thought I might finally get to doing some thing with these two tiny pieces of fabric I've worked with. I thought I might even try making a postcard. SIGH.

Sorry Terri, you'll have to be patient a little longer to see one of the pieces I was trying to do the gel technique on. If this takes much longer I may just have to show the piece after I worked with it.

AND with the cost of postage in Canada and the time of year, it may just arrive for recipient post Christmas. It's not even a winter piece. SIGH.

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Okay Wendy, I'll be patient. But I am still looking forward to seeing the results. It makes my heart happy to see you guys getting your sewing machines out. Yay!

winnsangels said...

And let me warn you Terri, the results will be quite imperfect. I'm not sure when I'll ever get those ATCs and all my other projects done. I am excited about the sewing though.
Wendy


the gift of time


clock-desktop.com

Blog Archive


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be
seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. "

Helen Keller

    follow me on Twitter

    Mixed media and other friends

    visitors